R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fioroni???
Thread: Fioroni???
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 03:22 PM
JAMMINKRAZY
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattozx6rr
I know this is an ancient thread but I have started to use the slider and was wondering what the performance differences are of the shoe types?

How often should the springs be replaced?

My experience so far is this clutch has paid for itself in the last couple races just in not having to replace shoes. Yes it has softened up the bottom end on my +4 but for me that has worked out good and given me better control exiting corners. I have tried both two and three springs and prefer the two spring configuration for low technical tracks and three for the big jump open tracks.
I have two gallons so far on my slider with the blue shoes,original springs and clutch bell bearings. There is no sign of wear on the shoes. I am sure the springs are probably due for replacement.

This is a worthy investment for a hobby oriented racer on a budget. Initial investment may be a little high but it will save you a ton in the long run.
I run the black carbon 2 shoe setup in my truggy with 1 hard and 2 regular springs. I change springs every couple gallons. I love this clutch. It is very smooth and consistent. Not to mention they last forever.