R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HB D8 vs. OD Z01B
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Barry Baker
Tech Fanatic

JSR....I know I work and race for Odonnell but I will give you my opinion on these cars as I have run both in this past year.

I ran the D8 when I was working at Novak last year...the car is good, there are some parts that did break but they have addressed the problems. In order to make the car lighter and up to race specs you may have to put some money into it. There are certian items that need to be replaced frequently. Now saying all this the car handles good and is good to drive.

Now with the O'Donnell car...it comes race ready, no need to add anything to it. It is very durable(I think I have only broken 1 part in 9 months). The car is nimble with good traction. It builds up great. No need for extra tools you may not have like reamers or sandpaper. And the cars parts last a long time.

Customer service at both places are very good so there is no problem there.

Saying all this If you are still trying to make a decision...remember the Z01B-SG will be out this month. I would wait for this car as I beleive that is what you are looking for.

And for anyone who sees me at the track...dont be shy to come up and talk and even ask to drive my car. I will be willing to answer any questions you have and even let you take the Car out for a spin!

See ya at the track,

BArry