R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Torco racing fuel
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 02:58 PM
thabiuk
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Quick question. What is the current oil content on the Torco Fuels? I've read everythign from 8%-11%, but nothing that proves an actual amount.

Also, I recently had a problem with an engine, that has me wondering if it is the fuel.. When I went to a particular gallon my temps went up significantly, fuel consumption went up from 12 minute run time to 8 minute run times, and compression went BYE BYE! I have used about 1/2 of this gallon, now sending off piston and sleeve to be pinched. I am thinking I have a bad gallon of fuel. My Biggest concern is I have 7 more gallons of Torco that are unopened. What should I do?
10%

(8% Proprietary Synthetic oil, 2% Castor Oil)

Not sure of any issues, I have run a few cases in the past year without any problems and have sold a few hundred cases in the southeast without any issues.

Some people make an error and tune for smoke coming from the pipe, I have been able to get 350 head temps and it still smoke like a motor than was running 150. Tuning for smoke is not suggested with this fuel. I run a Jammin .21 plus, that is on its 9th gallon, and get about 10 minute runtimes avg. with head temps about 210, depending on weather and such.

That being said, I have had a few people that tune strictly on smoke and have worn out the piston and sleeve because of it being to lean. They were really lean 12-18 hours leaner from the previous fuel they used. Castor and Synthetic oil have a flashpoint within a few degrees of each other, it is just the type of oil difference that causes the smoke difference.

Thanks Tim