R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - previous model VS new release
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
token
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
I bought a Losi buggy 1.0 and just switched over to some 2.0 parts, no big deal.

I don't see a real big difference. Once you rebuild all your diffs and get a couple other parts you pretty much have a 2.0.

I think the 2.0 is longer tho. But yet something else you can upgrade your 1.0 to, just buy the chassis and a rear axle and there ya go! I changed the shock towers, hinge pin braces, and radio tray to 2.0 stuff.
Arms
Front and rear CV
Center front and rear
Center diff holder
rear bearing holder
radio tray
towers
chassis
all rods

2.0 is just better all around. See if you are a basher like the original poster then run the old stuff.......

Originally Posted by whiterice
Does it worth to race? entry fee cost you arm and leg. and if u win u bring home silver plate with a winning number on it. that u can get in a dollar store

but if u are A main driver yes you need to update to keep winning

but if u just run back and forth ......why u need a latest car?
you do not understand the part of competition, if you are worried about how much this hobby cost, you should take up beading. I dont know what races you go to that cost an arm and a leg, but here the races are 20 bucks and if you understood how much money it cost to produce and maintain a track, you would not only want to pay it, but you would want to help keep the track up also. The return from owning a track is really not worth the money going in. If track owners even break even on a track at the end of the year, I would be shocked. Yes you can got to the dollar store and get you a silver what ever and bash..... We racers take great pride in racing and we do so to have fun. Practicing to make you better so you can EARN that one dollar silver what ever. dont try to knock racers dude, if you dont have the balls to race and get best, dont race, go ahead and bash your old stuff........