R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What kind of servos for Nitro Buggy?
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:25 AM
8&stuff
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrherald420
Theres nothing wrong with buying anything used, hell do you go buy a new car everytime you need one?!?!? R/C stuff is exactly like a real car, you dont know how it was treated or taken care of and when you buy used, you take the chance of it either sucking or you get a long lasting like new item, its called risk and reward.
there is a far cry from the comparison of used rc to automobiles, size characteristics of scale utilizing components made of 1/8 plastic and aluminum/steel to counterparts of 1/1 metal and steel etc...(offroad 1/1 and 1/8 both have tremendous "wear" characteristics)and considering the beating offroad takes and you compare to 1/1 offroad well if you understand how often that needs repaired and or replaced then you will see why chances are better not to be taken buying used. i too buy used although all my race gear was bought brand new. when buying used i test, tear down and examine product to insure things will last for example a 30 min main not just a 30 min bash race session. as this hobby continues for an individual you find some shortcuts although buying used will eventually get the best of you