R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM
charlie_b
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
I think they the best of the rest.
The Tekin for its size and performance is great and i feel its got a bit more punch and is the bench mark for stock esc's. In mod its a bit tempremental and prone to overheating. I also have only ever used Tekin in my brushed racing and still run my old 410K in the silver can class.
The SP/HW i like for its ease to work on and make changes with the programmer as well as its awesome reliability. In mod i think its one of, if not the best esc available. The SP GT v1 was the first brushless esc i bought and have stuck to them over the last 3 years or so. Seen too many failures and problems with other makes to justify changing.
Bonus is these are the best supported esc's on RCtech
Yeah..i would have to agree the small size is pretty much needed for electronics. I thank you for your honest opinion. I actually used to be a Tekin driver back in the 90's and they were always known for having the most punch, then Novak, and LRP was always the softest. Seems that they still have the same game plan still for Stock.

CHeers Man..i appreciate your unbiased opinion!

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
charlie i was testing ur 17.5 esc setup on sp site. i was not on a track but test it in a parking lot on my cyclonetc hae a lot of rip but did not hve good braking whT i done wrong, and what i need to do b4 i put it on the track
Mr Crum is spot on. For your braking, if you like a lot of brakes, make sure your brakes is at 100% and REVERSE FORCE is at 100% as well. (#5 and #6)

Also, mechanically, you can achieve MORE rip and MORE brakes if your change your spur/pinion combo but using a bigger spur. If you can manage getting the same FDR and using the bigger Spur, you will get MONDO brakes. Good luck man!