R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - D8T - What Are The Best/Required Upgrades For Racing?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Marcus Falconie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
running 1.1 springs make it alot snappier, thats all i run on my truggies (D8T) and i even like it on buggy at some tracks, it makes jumps really easy.
+1 I run the Answer clutch with 1.0 in buggy and I did run the Answer with 1.1 in truggy but went to the Jammin because I had it in my box. When I ran the 1.0 springs in Truggy with the Aluminum clutch I would get a bog on the low end, not a lean bog but the clutch bog, it would engage to early but running the 1.1 w/ aluminum shoes in the D8T puts my motor into the perfect power band for my .21. I ran the stock clutch and trimmed the stock shoes and that worked for about 1 day. Most of the top HB guys run stock trimmed shoes but go pick up ther truggy it is very very light compared to a stock HB truggy. I have tried alot of clutch options on the D8T and 1.1 springs and light aluminum shoes is good. Ernest Won Nitro Challenge with 1.1 springs and Answer shoes and after the 45min main they still looked new. I ran them for another gallon before I switched shoes and springs.