R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 09:16 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey All,

Regarding the FF spool, I've done a small mod to mine now to try and stop the outdrives chewing... should point out that it's not a fault of the spool itself, as on the outdrives, the small area that is recessed just can't take the amount of power we're putting through...

Anyway, to try and give more area for the drive to be transmitted, I've basically pinned the outdrives in place. Had to have a check if the driveshaft has enough clearance (its does ), and if I could get the pin to be held by the bearing. Anyway, the pics should show what I've done, basically ended up using a 2mm dia shaft from an old hex driver, cut to length. The holes are a little wonky given they were drilled by hand, but by going from one side I've kept them straight enough. Only issue now is having to drill new cups when I replace them, but for now, I'm happy to take that problem

Cheers
Ed
Nice mod.. I looked at doing a similar mod a while ago but due to having no problems I didn't bother.

There is a long grub screw in the losi kit that is very much the same diameter as the FF spool. What I planned to do was drill a hole right near the end (further inside than yours) of the outdrive and simply screw it in. If the hole is a little small the grub screw will make a thread in the alloy and hold in fine. This would allow you to change outdrives without even taking out the spool.