R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hey folks...I dusted off my Type R tonight and ran a little TC and I'm having a bit of trouble with my cars setup.

I'm running Jon Wee's setup on page 779, post #11680 using Sweep EXP 30 tires and the car had really poor off-throttle turn-in. On power the car had loads of steering (almost too much actually) but as soon as I got off the throttle the car would push like crazy! The track is quite small with a fair number of 180's and the only way I could get the car to rotate was to really throw it into the corner and try to stay on the power.

I'm thinking this might have something to do with driving with a spool (which, admittedly, I've not done much of before).

Has anybody experienced this behavior with the R? Any suggestions on what to try to get the car to turn-in and rotate more off-throttle?

Cheers,
Mike
I would suggest taking out the front kick down as that limits weight transfer over the front off power. You can try increasing the front toe out to +1 but I think that will make a smaller difference.