R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Dragonfire
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is work going on at revising the chassis layout to better suit modern electronics. It will involve the battery and motor moving forward to produce 50/50 weight balance. Then the rest of the electronics will fit in the center of the chassis. This will provide even better theoretical performance. As a side effect of the move of the motor you would use front bulkheads front and rear and there would be a new mid bulkhead. Then the layshaft has to move as well so the question was forward or backwards. From previous expereince with chassis of various belt lengths including 50/50 it was decided that a layshaft behind the motor would yield more potential. With the layshaft in this position it is possible to move the rear pulley from the side to the center of the chassis and the diff pulley along with it. This is something that will be tested after the new layout is tried and proven to be better than the current setup. If all goes well we will have a normal rear diff that is far better than what we currently have, better weight distribution and more tuning options. Its all good on paper but we will have to see how it works in the real world.

In the meantime I have being doing a very simple mod to my diffs recently and it is producing very good results. Attached is a picture of the diff hub with a layer of heatshrink covering the groves that the swingshaft fits in. Its the same size as what I used on the uni's and so far is doubling the life of my diffs. The picture below is from a dirty track after a two day meet. I have also used a little grease on the heatshrink its slef as I am a little paranoid that it may rub the inside of the diff tube.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0002.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	597457