R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 05-25-2010, 09:51 PM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
This discussion really doesn't hold any water. The only reason anyone runs just the 540 motor is because of TCS. Each track can do what's best for them, 21.5, 25.5, full boost, whatever. I only mentioned what ROAR is doing because it seems there are a large amount of guys who like the 540s because it's economical when no one pushes the envelope. Personally, I say it's FORMULA ONE....see what you can hold onto....MUAHAHAHA
I really wish that Fred would take all of TCS brushless, it would be so nice. But the whole Tekin debacle is what has held up the progress of that.
IMO, what needs to happen is that the software needs to be done so it can play on anyones ESC, its not about limiting the speed or even the cost of the speedo, its the fact that to be competitive with brushless at the moment, you have to run a tekin, so you are locked or you are slow. If you could run the Tekin software , or something like it on any speedo, that would eliminate the problems with brushless.