R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC
Old 05-24-2010, 01:07 PM
stormperson
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I wanted to thank you for all of your advice. Having rarely run mod or much rubber tire I was able to win a regional trophy race recently which was nice after not running much in the past few years. I have to say, now with brushless and lipo, and also rubber tire, it will be interesting to see if mod catches on more, as you do not need to go a race with a bunch of motors and stick to be quasi competitive. As a long time stock and 19t turn driver it is seems a lot more managable to run mod at the club race level and consider it for big races, and a few other people have been commenting on it as well.

I had one more rubber tire question for you... Have you tried the HPI springs on the T3 on recently on any xray cars? I have always noticed that a lot of people run them on their cars regardless of chassis (and thus suspension geometry) on asphalt, and was wondering what the difference was and if you knew what they were approxametly equal to compared to the xray black springs (in terms of lbs/inch oppose to their feel, as I assume it has to do with them being progressive in a different way or how it affects the feel)

Thank you very much and good luck at the Reedy Race!