R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What would be a good kit for my first nitro?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:47 AM
morkendi
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt_109
I will be racing a little. I'd like to get a 1/8 buggy or truggy. I honestly don't have a good radio so I need all the help I can get. I been looking at the Kyosho MP 7.5
OFNA Ultra GT RTR
But that hotbodies truggy looks sick. I just want a good car to get started on, nothing to expensive just something to learn on. Thanks for all the help so far.
if you are planning on some racing I would go with one of the losi 8's just becausw you need radio and everything. You could go with a kit like the hot bodies, but once you start putting money into servos, motor, radio, starter box, tires with some kits, the price will really start to get pretty high. The ones you listed may be ok to learn on, but they are outdated. If you get bit by the racing bug, you will have your self at a bigger disadvantage then you need to be. Going with a more up to date rtr will give you at starting point to lern on that can be upgraded over time and still be competitive. Check out the 8's or associated, or troll ebay. Some times you can find a nice kit that someone built that has everything you need.