R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2010, 08:18 AM
spongerX
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spongerX
I too have this issue of my TC5r pulling to the left under acceleration. It tracks straight when coasting and stops in a straight line but under acceleration it veers left.

My droop is even on both sides front to rear, tires lift off the ground at the same time when checking each end.

I have about 0.5mm tweak in my chassis no matter how many times I put the top deck on when pressing on a flat surface. I adjust for tweak using a Hudy tweak station. Toe is +1 front and -2.5 rear.

I find this veering to the left worse on low traction where the wheels are spinning more. I've tried different sets of tires and it does the same thing. Brand new bearings installed as well.

It's been fairly frustrating as the car used to track straight. Really not too sure why this has started.
Found the problem in my rear hub bearings. Noticed that if I jammed the front of the car against a wall and gently accelerated on a very low traction surface like tiles (to minimize the strain on everythng) the right side rear wheel would spin way before the left side. Left side bearings did not spin as freely as the right side when I disconnected everything. All brand new so flushed out the stock grease they came with and lubed with Hudy Bearing oil and the car seems to be tracking a lot better now. Gotta flush out the rest of my new bearings and lube with Hudy oil now. I run my rear diff quite loose so this probably made the extra friction of the left side bearings more noticeable