R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 10:44 AM
syndr0me
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

How much of your front tires do you sauce? We've been experimenting lately with saucing more than 1/2 the front and it causes an insane amount of steering, especially mid-corner. You might have to counteract some of it with setup to get the right feel.

What's the height of your inside front camber link? You could try lowering those a bit.

Originally Posted by double_green
Hi guys,

I am reaching out to the more experienced racers on this board to get a good starting setup for the 416x. My local track features 100 feet by 46 feet of inch and a half of tennis court grade asphalt. Its an indoor temperature controlled track and the tire of choice is Jaco Blues. The past several weeks I've been at the track for several test and tune sessions as well as a weekly Thursday night race. I started out with the factory recommended setup (build manual).

Ride height - f/r = 5mm
camber - f = 1.5 & r = 2
droop - f = 3.5mm over ride height & r = 3mm over ride height
Toe-in - f = 1degree out & r = 3degree in
Shock oil - f/r = 40 (Associated oil)
Shock spring - f = Tamiya white & r = Tamiya blue
Shock position and all other settings are exactly as the build guide

I'm new to the hobby so I'll do my best to describe what is going on with the car. It appears that the car is pushing mid way and on the exit of the turn. The initial turn in (entry) seems fine as I feel the car rotates very well. However, during the mid corner and on exit the car seems to push and/or unload very early.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations and suggestions.

-John