R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Calipers or Cityblocks for truggy ?
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 AM
DOMIT
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nothin special
Being East Coast I dont understand . Why the boycotting ?
Arizona has passed a state law requiring state and local law enforcement officers to confirm the immigration status of anyone they suspect is not here legally that they encounter in the course of their duties. (In other words, if they get stopped for speeding and don't speak English for example...)

LA, San Diego, Berkeley, etc, as well as Seattle, have passed resolutions that they will "boycott" Arizona. No official travel there or any contracts with the state of Arizona. This is a show of support for the protestors who think illegal immigration (i.e. sneaking into the country) should be made legal...

Soooo... as long as that nonsense is going on... I don't buy from California companies. No California wines, no Hollywood movies, no computer/network equipment from HP/Compaq, Gateway, Cisco, Intel, Ingram Micro... no clothes from GAP, no food from Dole, no shopping at Ross, no groceries from Safeway. Honestly the only things I commonly get from California are computer related things, produce, wine, movies, and a headache from the stupid ideas like this one.

In the RC world... there are a number of California companies. I won't be shopping at A-Main while this is going on... no AKA tires, nothing from OFNA... I've had several others mentioned to me, but those are the ones I would reasonably expect to deal with.

They want to start the boycott game... let's see who wins.

As an amusing side note, LA gets about 25% of their electricity from Arizona... and Arizona is threatening to "pull the plug." I hope they do it.

Oh... and Seattle has joined the cities boycotting Arizona. I guess I won't be drinking Starbucks for a while... I can't think of a single other thing I get from there.