R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XB8TQ setup
Thread: XB8TQ setup
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 PM
boxhead
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default XB8TQ setup

Hi everyone, well all my oils and greases etc have arrived.
While replacing bearings and rebuilding diffs, shocks etc I am building the car following a setup sheet I found in the setup section on the team xray website.
My question is I have fitted the 38T front crown wheel, and it has the standard 40 in the rear, I have a 13t clutch (with 1.1mm clutch springs), in amongst the parts supplied with my second hand car I have found a 46t and a 45t centre diff gear, I am wondering which one would be best to fit?
The track is a loamy surface that we wet down approx every hour.
There are a couple of slow corners with not much run up after them to some doubles, I would like more punch out of the corner to get speed up to clear the doubles. One of the sets of doubles is 6 in a row that if timed right can go double double double (as opposed to rolling over them as singles).
I have also just bought some super soft tyres from Sweep racing so these should help aswell.
We do have 1 long straight that I feel will reach max revs before the end but I think that clearing the doubles would give me a faster lap time than reaching a higher speed on straight.

I have gone with 3000 oil in front and 5000 in rear (I also have supplies of 7000 oil) what oil do you recomend for centre - the setup sheet says 5000.

Thanks in advance.

Oh an intersting side note, I did not realise till I pulled it apart, but the second buggy I bought and have been using does not have the "A" arm front upper control arm, instead it uses the same outer link as upper front on both ends, I do have spare used and new "A" arms, should I fit these to regain more adjustability?