Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Professor
hi robbie

i guess u dont want my suggestion for the steering issue
No thankyou Graham...

Originally Posted by mazmo
Hey Robbie,

In 10.5 I have same issues, although just made a couple of changes which seem promising - all seem to give more mid corner steering:

1. Sway bars, 1.4 front & 1.2 rear.
2. Radial ackerman 9mm, middle position in centre, forward on steering blocks
3. Shock position on tower - front 4, rear 3

Some anti-squat in the rear should give more steering on & off power.
Will try next time out.

Cheers

Alan
Thanks for that alan, strange about the sway bars you're using though???

Playing with anti-squat etc was next on my list, so i'll be sure to try that out.

How did you find the radial ackerman changed the handling?... i run the middle position but 10 insert.

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
It's hard to gauge what is going on when you only post like 4 things about your setup. If you post full setups I may be able to make some suggestions.

Also anyone with the old shocks be sure to check the inserts in the bottom of the shocks and also the orings. They may be binding and causing weird handling issues. This is super important.
Larry,

I mentioned i ran the kit set-up, and the things listed were what i had changed different to kit.

I am running the original shocks though, so perhaps there is something going on there, however it doesnt seem like an abnormal handling issue... it just lacks steering! lol, severly!

Have any of you guys played around with flex much?... i like using the u-braces as an option at times but i've also had good results with the 'medium' upper deck. Curious as to anyone elses findings.

Also, do you guys still run the standard front lower suspension mount?... we've played around with running hole 1 on the front arms, which has had good and bad results and different tracks.

Cheers

Robbie