R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - help...failsafe after hard landing?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
kaptain crash
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deucedeuce
Hi everyone, i am kinda new to nitro... i have 2 gallons through my first nitro buggy (jammin x1x rtr) and most of the problems I have run into so far I have been able to solve by looking through this forum...so I will start off by saying thank you...

but I have run into something I cant find any threads on...

after a hard landing (flat bottoming, casing a jump or even hitting the top of a whoop hard) my radio goes into what I think is fail safe mode for 4-8 seconds, the car returns to idle, i have no control over steering, gas or brakes ....after a few seconds, the wheels snap straight and the gas begins working fine again...it never happens while running on flat ground only while jumping....

I have checked all the connections inside of the car and they are all good, nothing loose or dirty...i have also tried to insulate the inside of my receiver box with a few different materials to keep the receiver from bouncing around...(felt pads, Styrofoam and soft tape stuff from the lhs)

the radio is a futaba 2pl-2.4g and the receiver is a r603gf...ace1013 steering servo, stock ofna gas/brake.. i am also still using the stock battery box with AA's...any help would be appreciated... thanks
Try by-passing your on-off switchand see if it still does it...just a thought.