R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Nitrage is scary fast
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 03:43 PM
almightyian
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mad-dog
Finally got the motor broke-in and was able to make some full-throttle runs on the 5.2 using 20% Nitro/16% Oil, lord have mercy, i thought my friends 3.3 was fast.
This truggy is a absolute rocket as the motor pulls very strongly, once the optional 2-speed gear set is released and 50+ mph is realized then all the truggy needs is wings to fly because it's got the power, the Nitrage is definitely a LARGE car, it pushes 1/8 scale to the boundaries.
The jetting is very rich from the factory and if your anywhere above sea level then close both needles at least a 1/4-1/2 turn at both ends before attempting to run it otherwise you will have trouble keeping the engine running, the good news is that the rookies don't have to worry about leaning the motor during break-in because it's plenty rich at both ends.
You know the mixture is rich when the glow igniter much stay attached to keep the motor running because the motor wont build enough heat to support combustion.
The exhaust stinger is angled straight down thru the floor of the car to keep oil from coating the left rear tire and causing traction problems, the unique chassis is very strong and requires no external braces for rigidity like other truggys, the ventilation hole in the windshield is rectangular and the factory indented outline makes for a clean design once opened.
A pull-tab must be added to to the fuel tank lid for in-flight refueling thru the windshield vent, the flip-top cover on the fuel tank has a very tight seal and requires that you manually push it closed with your finger, this prevents fuel from leaking if the truggy is up-side down, i suppose you could let the lid snap shut but I'm not sure that's such a good idea.
The suspension is fully adjustable and should allow the end-user to really dial the car in for any track, Club Racing just got a lot more competitive with the release of the Nitrage 5.2.........
Modifications to date: CV drive shafts, CV axle shafts, Front brake kit, Anti-sway bars, 100k wt silicone in the gearbox, 60wt front/70wt rear in the shocks.
Still waiting on the 2-speed upgrade, now let the aftermarket begin!
hey i got a nitrage to but it wont start becouse the needles are all mixed up can u help me?