R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 05-13-2010, 09:34 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxg123456
I've sent emails to your team a month ago. I got the responses and was happy with the return emails. I tried everything I was given and even posted this back then. The issues I still have weren't cured by this, hense why I posted for help on here, as fellow Mamba drivers and maybe the support team might help further.

I don't want to drag this on. I'm impatient, like many others, as I wanted to make use of having more power with drivability by having better firmware. It doesn't matter now, as i've decided to change to something different.
Have you ever put any data acquisition on your car? I looked at some of your posts, and it seems like you may be low on the rpm bottom end, and too tight of a range. My 17.5 sedan on smaller indoor tracks usually runs in a range from 8-10K on the bottom to 27-30K rpm on top, average being 11-13k in most situations. 13.5 or 10.5 should have a much higher top rpm. A generic setting for rpms for 17.5 would be 7000 to 19000, as you can look at where the motor operates on a graph with the Novak Sentry.

Most motors coming in too low on rpm just heats up the motor, and squeezing down the rpm range just makes it feel like an on/off switch, or just like the timing slams into the car. Opening up the rpms and going a bit higher should make it way more driveable, especially as you go with bigger motor.