R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3racing F109
Thread: 3racing F109
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 05:50 AM
InZane
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Want to share your winning setup with us?
It's hard to give any guidance when it comes to rubber setups. Temperature and surface conditions affects the grip level a lot more compared to running foams.

My final setup this race was very similar to what i use indoors - much because the grip was decent in the afternoon when the tarmac got warmer (almost 30C). In the morning you had to run much softer springs in the rear - like 3Racing gold or Associated black 3.75Lb side springs if you had the CRC mod. I changed the centre spring from Tamiya yellow to red (same as the kit spring). i used 20wt oil in both shocks (side 1 hole, center 3 holes).

I put 40 grams of 3Racing's nice carbonlook lead weights in the rear to calm things down a bit.

Front end;
Associated .20 springs and Tamiya 3.5 offset knuckles. I've changed the king pin to a longer one (Zen) in order to use ride height shims (3.5mm).
0 caster (caster plate full forward, 0 camber and 0 toe in.

The black thing with the Inzane eyes is just a foam stop for the lipos. The chassis needs to be able to flex - check that the Lipo is mounted with some play up&down and side&side.

In order to make the upper plate moving/flexing more freely I've put O-rings on the thumb screws as well.

Last edited by InZane; 05-13-2010 at 06:33 AM.