R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc
Old 05-12-2010, 08:49 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Conrad-Thanks for the post.

Just in is my new X12 17.5 stock motor. I read the recommended overall ratio is 4.0 so maybe my work with the big pinion is already needed. That puts me in the 40-41 tooth range. I am prepared with smaller spurs as the track is short.

Here is a little video clip of a couple of my competitors running mod TC on the big outdoor track at Mikes-HobbyShop.com which is my primary track.

I took some HD video of Frank and Johnny sparring. There were two lead changes. Pretty exciting 3 laps. 58 seconds of video, 90 Mbytes. Now with the HD quality comes a time penalty dowloading or buffering the film. It can be played right to your HD TV if your computer is so equipped. The quality is about 10 times what is typical of RC videos. The zoom is tight, both cars are visible, after a lap or so you will get the feeling of the track, then you can play it over. The doubled frame rate keeps the cars visible on the straight and sweeper even though they are reaching 60 mph at the end of the straight. My computer plays it fine with windows media player. My wifes computer needed an upgrade of Quicktime for windows to play the HD video.

It only took 8 minutes to buffer on my computer before the video played.

www.Stranahan-rc.com/ElectricModTC.MOV

Pics, Robert Leading Frank around the hairpin right by the drivers stand
Johnny going tight around the sweeper.
Paquito really making the g's in the hairpin one lane from the drivers stand. Is that a front tire in the air or not.
Attached Thumbnails