R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 PM
TheFcuddy
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was so close to getting a Losi RTR buggy. I considered all the options, when it came down to it I went with the Losi Race Roller and set it up myself. It cost more but now I have a bad a$$ buggy that needs nothing. Sure, I could have been all set with the RTR but I would have wanted to make it better because it could be "better."

I have two buddies that I race with that have/had RTR's. One bought the buggy and truggy, the other bought the truggy. They started this season with them, have raced and done very well with them. As of now, one replaced a truggy with a Race roller and is looking to replace the buggy with a RR. The other guy with the truggy is looking to replace it with a RR. I am not saying they have to, but they want to. With a little bit of maintenance they would be tip top but I think it's that jonsing thing that gets them. They know there is something a little better out there. It gets me too! FYI, these guys drive a lot, several nights a week down at the track until the sun goes down. They put miles on there rigs.

I don't know too much about Hot Bodies. There always seems to be a few guys running them at the track but I have never driven one and for some reason reliability is sketchy to me. Given I have not researched it, I remember hearing about drive shafts breaking. If I was going to buy one I would thoroughly uncover that story.

The fact of the matter is, if you want to play you gotta pay. Even if you find the best deal out there you're still going to be spending money to keep that thing on the track in good shape. Tires alone cost a lot! Good luck.