R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - loosen up the rear end
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 01:02 PM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hmm

Originally Posted by speedzone99
how can i loosen up the rear end so the car will rotate better but still be somewhat planted, i have a hot bodies d8 i was going to change the rear toe but i cant find a different toe block other than stock. thanks
I don't know much about that car, but going from say 3degrees of toe in the rear to 2.5 would help. Most times working from the other end would help. Keeping the rear planted but giving your buggy more low speed steering is the ticket. I would start by making the front tires point strait with zero toe in and making them zero camber too. Strait up. Also lesening the caster up front can help, and using a thinner front swaybar, next try changing the diff oils and shock oil and pistons. I found that th 5-7-3 diff setup works on every car. the shocks could use smaller hole pistons in front and leave the rear stock, and use the same oils f and rear. this is just a general setup as the d8 may have specific traits that I don't really know. Finally adjust the brake bias so that the rear is strong and the front just barely engages as the center diff acts to give a bit of front brake anyway and too much front brake can cause your buggy to push in the turns, and check to see if your brakes are engaging at neutral, it helps to roll into the turns with the brakes uningaged at first and helps in driving. No brakes when at neutral.......Finally check your servo saver and make sure it is tight enough to take the forces of a turn.....