R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-03
Thread: Tamiya TB-03
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2010, 06:07 PM
HT166
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
An old school debate compares shaft drives to belt drives and weighs the merits of drivetrain efficiency and throttle response against the absence of torque steer and throttle "give." For modern high power motors the debate is all but over: belt drive is better (shaft drive zealots feel free to flame on--you're all half-crocked--fun--but nuts.) But for GT3 (silver can), the arrival of the TB03 renews the argument. I look forward to next season's TCS series to see how it shakes out. It should be fun! I love the new body and have wanted to try a shaft drive car, but the TB02 was just too dated compared to the TA05. Not anymore.
Both good but if you drive only on the track (TA05 sucks on the road, parking lot etc due to rocks in belt) get a TA05, want a mix of both, get TB03. Apparantly Tamiya says that the TB03 has almost no torque steer due to the TB EVO Drivetrain. I am getting a TB03 for the reasons is stated just now but i want to know if it can handle my brushless ezrun 9t and hobbywing 12T on a 20C Lipo 7.4V battery. I hate it when i strip my spurs in 3 weeks but i still want the tb03. Can you Help? Thanks