R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 05-04-2010, 03:12 PM
maxg123456
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whoopass
well the MMP did NOT perform well at all this weekend! there was a small lag when blipping the throttle and the brakes either were non existant or the car locked up. me and the mamba are parting company.... too inconsistant and like an on/off switch even with the punch control on 100%.
over and out....
That could've been the punch control which cuts the voltage. I've said about this brake issue for a long time. The timing causes this delay from high speed. Theres not much you can do about it, if you use high timing. I drive a lot with the brakes and had to change my style with this esc and thats not good on a very tight track.

I think this esc is potentially great outdoors, but i've had enough of 'potential'. I'm waiting for updates for the drivability and Castle are not responding. It would be nice if they kept in touch on rctech more. Even Hobbywing reply to customers on rctech super quick without them being asked for help directly.

I don't want to dig the knife in too deep, as this esc is very cheap and performs well for the price, but as Hobbywing have proven, their frequent updates have turned a 'cheap esc' into a rocket.