R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:11 AM
jhberger
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hijinx
Hey there guys, my TC5 is loose in the rear end through a corner off power, i have got 40w oil in all dampers, black sway bar on the rear and gold on the front, running .5 deg camber in the rear and 1 deg on the front, 3.0 deg toe in on the rear and 1 deg toe out on the front.
I'm running rubber tires and on a outdoor ashphalt track.
If anyone has some set up ideas that would be awesome as
I've had the same issue, but mainly when I lift too much going in or in mid corner. Resisting that temptation helps a lot. Too much weight is going forward and the back loses grip. Try zero kick up or even some anti-dive in the front arm angle. You can increase the front ride height a little and try that.

I added droop to the rear (lower number on the droop gauge) and that kept the rear tires in better contact.

The downside is that you might induce a push where you don't want it. Like most cars, the TC5 is happier with a little positive throttle than off-power. If I'm having a problem losing it in mid-corner on a sweeper, I try a little lift going in to let the back free up, the get back into the throttle pretty immediately. The car will take a set and drift neatly through the corner.