R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Burned up baby!
Thread: Burned up baby!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 07:25 AM
SpraydbySprague
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnslprd
most common reason for a lipo fire is human error, off brand non roar legal packs dont help either.

at our 1/10 track all we use is lipo packs, i have in 3 yrs yet to see a lipo fire.
+1 and here's some examples

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
I had my starter box battery start smoking up in the back seat n I didn't take any chances I rolled down the window n tossed out the whole battery. Weird thing was i was taking it to Vegas to hand off to my friend because I thought the batteries were wornout so I had cut the ends off n somehow I think they touched causing the problem. By the time I got back to the battery it had melted the outer casing so I threw it away after that. I deff won't ever have a battery in my backseat again it could have caused me to crash if I didn't think fast.
Here's the quote from Rc Groups.

One of our fellow RCG members(Rballz) lost his home, and everything in it due to a Lipo Fire. As far as he can tell, He might have charged a older pack at a newer C rating. He only left for a few minutes and the garage was engulfed in flames.

Originally Posted by scwrod
Have you ever seen nitromethane fire? Lipo's can be safe you just have to respect them.
Actually, no I haven't seen a nitromethane fire. The flames are clear. Come to think of it, isn't that more dangerous?

I made the switch to LiPo last year and couldn't be happier. Ya just have to use them properly.