R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BYRONS GEN2 FUELS , POST YOUR RESULTS!!
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Poinas2
Tech Regular

My experiences from GEN2 are a bit mixed. It's definitely a HUGE improvement over the GEN1 fuels and they got rid of most of the issues (tendency to foam excessively, gummed oil residues blocking carbs etc.) and the tuning is now easier. However if you compare even the GEN2 (be it normal Race or ProDriver) it has much more carbon build up and it leaves the engine internals far more messy than say Tornado or Meccamo. Also even with the ProDriver the LSN is not as easy to tune as with some other fuels. This is a personal opinion and as we all know different fuels tune differently so one might fit better than another and after all it's the results you get not the praising words you hear.

In terms of longevity I think it's good so it does not eat up bearings or trash compression if you just make sure the air filters are OK and you tune it as supposed. It's not superior in terms of power output or tank times but it's definitely a quality fuel among others. One thing to improve is to find a better way to seal the cans. I just hate the glued carbboard piece under the cap.