R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HARC Race #4 Vertigo Raceway Houston
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
griz11
Tech Addict

Default HARC Race #4 Vertigo Raceway Houston

After trashing my back at the last Tx RcPro race I had to decide to figure out a way to sit down or quit shooting. I am using a really nice all terrain tripod and dolly and a lcd monitor and its mounting stuff. The monitor is set up so its stationary so I can sit down.

My nephew just started racing truggy. His 2nd race was Sat night so I drove down to Houston and shot the races. I had a nice scaffold to set-up on courtesy of my nephew's bud so I was set.

Personally I figured the tripod thing would work to a certain extent but it would be mostly static shots. To my surprise once the grease in the head warmed up enough and I'd been using it for 30 min or so I had to rebalance everything and now its smooth as silk. Guess its broken in now. Anyways by the end of the night I was doing pretty much what I've always done. Some problems with reflections etc but I'm saving up for a 10" non-glare hi def monitor so I can use it for critical focus. Once I get that I'll be even better on the pod.

Youtube
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Streaming via MaxCdn from my site
www.promofo-racing.org/Vertigo-1.html

More to follow Check back.

Griz