R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SHORT COURSE
Thread: SHORT COURSE
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

That track is ridiculous. I think its the owners lazy way of getting out of building a real track. The tracks around here run the SCT on the same track as the 1/8 scale. I was at an event today and they ran the stock slash and open 4x4 class ont he same track that I ran my buggy and truggy. I run the SCT classes to. They are fun and a real no stress heat. At the Nitro Challenge this year at the Nitropit, the largest track I have ever seen, they did the same with with Pro2 and Pro4 classes (2wd and 4x4 SCT's). This track was challenging gor the 1/8 scales on many legels with huge jumps and a deep whoops section the avg lap time for the pros was 45 secs. Then again at Silverstate they did the exact same thing ran the SCT's on the same track. There were no issues and once again it was fun. My salsh 4x4 is actually faster than my nitro buggy. I personally dont see a problem with running the SCT's on the nitro tracks. Once again I think the track owners are just plain lazy. The slashes can make it around a nitro 1/8 scale track and the 4x4's flat fly. It all boils down to a poor program and pretty soon the racers will develop an attitude just like yours and stop showing up .The bottom line is build a nitro track and then if there are enough SCY's let them have a heat or 2.

Does this looks like a SCT track??

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by Frank L; 04-24-2010 at 10:55 PM.