R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - O'Donnel VS Werks?
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 08:36 PM
J.Whiting
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

remember to keep things clean and on track please guys....

as for motors i have ran many many different motors... my motor of choice is the rb c6.. hands down power house.. problem is tuning them all the time.. very weather sensative...

have 2 os speed engines yes they are fast and good but sometimes they are a little too much on a loose track...

have 2 ss.21 engines great mileage and reliable.. hold a tune very well from week to week..... i have a motor i borrowed from jimbo with about 6-7 gallons on it.. no problems holding a tune and just as much power as a new ss.21... i will be ordering 2 more to have just for spares if needed.....

as for werks i have had several of them the famous b3-b7... not the b-5 but all i can say is i think the b3 is underpowered and snapped a crank at 3/4 of a gallon.. engine has way to much pinch.. b-7 very very fast motor but broke 3 rods in the same engine.. still again to much pinch.. out of the guys i race with there was 10-15 guys with werks b-3 or b-7 that all had rods or cranks break.. since then (and i know the b-5 is different) none of the guys have bought another werks motor again...

each and every motor has its ups and downs... it all depends on the guy that is cranking the needles in or out... also the trigger finger has alot to do with fuel mileage also.. i can run my temps at 220ish all day give another guy my car and it comes in at 260+... everyone drives different which gives different results... your moderator..