R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 04-23-2010, 04:43 PM
gixer
Tech Adept

Bit of a problem guys and could do with some advice please.

I have been running my MMP in my Cyclone WCE touring car since mid December.
It's been absolutely fantastic, to the point where i bought another one last month for my offroad car.

Thing is last during first practice the car was cogging very badly around say 1/5th throttle, afte that it was smooth as usual.
Tried different batteries, replaced the sensor harness, tried 3 different motors, various settings from the field link.

Nothing still the same.

So today i tried solving it, tried a mates CC motor, still the same.
Went through the settings with the castlelink software still the same.

So i thought i'd try running it sensorless.
I've found before that if i'm running a sensorless motor disconnecting the sensor harness from just the motor it doesn't run, you need to remove the harness from the MMP side.

So i did this, plugged in my battery turned the car on, and turned around to pick up my Tx, when i turned back i saw the MMP was putting out a fair bit of smoke.

Disconnected the battery and let it stand for a few mins.
Found the motor was too hot to touch yet i hadn't even pulled the throttle.

There is no obvious signs of melting and all the wires are well insulated and no signs or arcing.

I tried the motor with a XeRun Esc i keep for spares and it works great without cogging, so i don't think it was a faulty motor.

Any ideas please?
I'm not too happy about plugging it in again to be honest, but is there anything i can check?

Cheers
Mark