R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 04:15 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HoboShop
Would anybody happen to have a food starting set-up for a 416 we for a small-medium track with low traction. I am running rubber tires.
Jilles' base asphalt setup works very well on that sort of track, most of us run the HPI springs though, silver front and blue rear are a good starting point, I hear for WE gold front are the ticket as it has a bit more steering than the other 416s and the golds mellow that out

http://www.thard.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=198#p664

Originally Posted by composite
My only question i have is if i remove the wheel hex adapters that are .5 mm on all 4 corners. will i feel an actuall difference in the handling charateristics/? also if a remove the front wheel hex adapters (.5mm) from just the front end and leave them still in the rear, what will happen in regards to the way in handles?
With less spacers the car will roll more at that end, so front will give you more steering to a point and rear will provide more rear grip. Removing them from both ends will feel similar to using softer springs or lower roll centres all around. 0.5mm is a fairly slight adjustment and is good for fine tuning once your car is pretty well sorted.