R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC
Old 04-16-2010, 08:22 AM
maxg123456
Tech Adept

Sadly, although this esc works great on large tracks, i've come to the conclusion after trying every setting that this has too much low down power for 1/10th indoors. I've tried throttle curves, multiple timing start and ends, gearing between 5.50FDR and 8.50FDR, but in cheat mode the escs aggressive surge of timing, especially with 30 degrees or over on esc and even stock timing on my novak 10.5 makes the car overshoot every corner on tight hairpins.

I ended up taking other drivers out yesterday, having next to zero brakes so I cannot follow other cars closely with confidence. They're not so bad at low speed, but theres a huge lag after the timing kicks in.

If I turn it right down, it makes the whole benefit of having this esc useless, as having 30 degrees timing on the esc and leaving the motors timing alone equals simmilar top speeds to the SPX.
This is at the moment though. I hope future firmware updates make this thing have better drivability indoors with a 10.5. My car is wheelspinning around sweepers! - I've tried Tekins and GM escs with 10.5s and they have better driveability indoors when set correctly. I hope Castle Creations get this right soon.

My LRP SPX is going back in the car, but i'll await on the next firmware updates. I just hope its sorted quickly.

Originally Posted by PDM
Here we drive in tracks for 1/8 so they are big.

My experience is somehow different. I am driving a 9,5T SP and was looking for more power all the way, found it with the cheat mode, I will not tell you the timing I am using

Had the problem with the engage RPM as I told. Moved down the engage RPM.

My team mate is driving other motors, one of them a 6T Delta GM, and his first impression when moved from GM Genius120 to MMP was that the driving was more smooth with the MMP.

Both of us were looking for a more agressive delivery of power.

But we are in the beginning of the season, is possible to move for different conclusions.