R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - struggling for rear end traction?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 08:01 AM
Stanton
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lewis666
im running the standard losi diff setup (5,7,2) would going for a 5,6,1 set up help? i am also very confused about tire choices. my local track is very bumpy and has a light dust on top of some very hardpacked dirt. i have been trying different tires and the best seems to be the proline holeshots. the only downside was them only last two race meeting but they had a very firm insert inside them but would the softer inserts make the tires last longer
Lewis, Here's some simple set-up changes you can do without too much work.

Corner Entry-If you are loosing the rear end entering tight corners, you should decrease your rear up-travel. Measure your extended shock length from center/center of the mounting screws. Use the set-screws in the rear A-arm to adjust this. Start at 106mm. Only adjust in .5mm increments. If you go past 104mm there's something else wrong. Or you are on a supper high bite track. This will decrease the amount of weight transfer to the front when entering corners off power. Also, it could be your rear brake swinging the rear around. Check that!

Corner Exit-If you expierience the rear end steping out exiting on power, you should increase your front up-travel. Start at 95mm and adjust in .5mm increments. This will increase the amount of weight transfer to the rear and will be much easier to drive out of corners. I would also recommend toe out in the front. The Losi car almost always works better out of corners with +2 degrees out in front. If you get the new 12 degree aluminum castor blocks that will help out of corners also. Hole shots are a great alll around tire for you. M3 compound w/new black inserts and you should be balancing. I'll stop here as I know there's a lot of info.

Let me know if you have success and I'lll gladly give more advice. Good Luck!