R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 04-11-2010, 09:44 PM
East Bay Pete
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wwoodruff
It looks like your limited to a body with the cockpit bubble up front, how has that affected the handling? Are there many choices for bodies of that type?
I think everyone has the wrong idea about running the cars more than 10 minutes. Quick change batteries would add uneeded complexity, and the need for a receiver battery, right? It also requires a pit man !
The body I'm running is the Protoform P909. It's been around for over a year now and many of the drivers at RAMS are running this body. I think handling is not an issue with the body.

There is no need for a receiver battery...the receiver and servo are powered by the LiPo pack with it's built in voltage regulator. I am doing the quick change battery right now so that I can run in a nitro main race to get the car exposed to the masses and boost the interest in the car. I have yet to run a main (30 minutes), but hope to in the next few weeks. I'll keep you posted!