R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 05:56 AM
sean
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sands
yah - but how much does it really matter? They are small enough plastic parts that if (big if) they come out of a different mold cavity, they will probably only be off by 0.0005 - 0.001" or so. Not enough to notice and well within the tolerances of all the other parts (machined parts too! They will also have error!) and the assembly error. All you really need to do is adjust the toe of the front to compensate. Besides, there is more variation in the front end, tire durometer and axle alignment, runout, and concentricity then in "rear steer".

Probably also more variation in driving ability too - but that's another topic.

If you really want to get involved in statistics and variation, I'd be happy to. I'm a master level mechanical engineer and an industrial statistitian. But let's not clutter up this thread.
dont get me wrong Sands-i am not arguing for the sake of argument. i only question things so i can learn. i am curios and question things by nature. and i do appreciate when someone is more knowledgable in the way mechanical things work. as you have stated,you are very qualified and i thank you for your input. i do understand about the tolerances. my point was when i am trying to understand the dynamics of how my rear link works and what could go wrong and someone says to compensate with steering trims,it stilll leaves me in the dark. and i admitt my driving style is in need of improvement i just dont want to get anyone angry-i am only trying to understand. thanks,sean