R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc Pro Series Cap on entries?????Huhhhh.....
Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dlovett2361
Meredith not sure why you think RCPro has hurt Texas, all I see is RC Racing growing and getting stronger.
Your not seeing the forest for the trees.

I have been around from the beginning of Rc Pro series, and it takes away from local series races and club racing. Sponsored racers are so concerned with winning a big race they forget about the meat n potatoes of rc. Leaving the regular races with low turnouts and confused new racers. I have witnesed the decline of club racing and it started with the Rc Pro type races. I enjoy the benefit races that help kids, but as far as low cost, you are wrong. Guys get there early and practice and that takes coin to get there early and race all weekend. It's not really a one day race. Driving to Dallas from houston is a long way to complete the series. Harlingen and so on. It's not anyone's fault. It's just happened. I would rather drive to Austin for a club race than go to a big race, but there is always a big race and the club organization has suffered. tracks can't stay around when only one to three big races come each year to each track, and add that up over a year for each track, and that's alot of missed club races at each track. I don't care how big rc gets. I just want to race every weekend and the rc pro cuts into that.