R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F103 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jakeg1999
I agree....I ordered a new soft T-plate....I took most the whole car apart this morning including the front springs....Everything looks nice and even, but all be darn if I can't get it to go straight. If I just tap the throttle it spins left, and opposite for braking. I even tried messing with some weights on both sides just to see if I was off, and no change......I am starting to think, or hope that even thought the T-bar looks flat on a flat surface, it may be stressed under acceleration and decelerration......Hopefully I will figure this out....thanks for your help so far....
It is possible your rear axle is too tight. Because the diff is not between the bearings if the axle is too tight in the pod it will cause drag on that side of the diff. There needs to be a little play in the rear axle to make sure the car will track straight. When you put on the left side hub slip a piece of paper between the axle spacer and the bearing and tighten down the hub. Then when you remove the paper you will have just a slight bit of play in the rear axle to keep it from binding the bearings.

Also check your thrust bearing assembly to make sure it is working properly. The car does strange things sometimes when the spring washers weaken.