R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Chris Furman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Yup totally understand the wanting to support on-road thing. Thats why I have so much Tamiya stuff.... But the R is such a darn good car.

Dropping parts support for it? As in just the top deck mentioned here or inside sources?

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Lol that means he doesnt want to make them, he didnt want to make the ones he made for us the first time.

I won't ever run another Type R. Losi seems to be dropping parts support for the car from what I hear, and nothing has been developed for it in over 3 years by Losi. I'll stick with my TOP car that has great support and my suggestions are taken and brought to fruition by a company that cares about Onroad.

Tory, Quasi laid carbon fiber is much stiffer and as better return than standard carbon fiber. a 2.5 quasi component grade carbon similar to what BMI uses is probably 2x stiffer than 2.75 standard carbon fiber.

Either way the BMI chassis was not even needed on Foams and def not needed on Asphalt.

We mainly ran the BMI chassis because it looked cooler and was slightly stiffer when we ran Foams.

Out of the box the Type r is the stiffest car on the market that is not Foam specific.