R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Will there ever be a 1/8th scale Electric onroad car
Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 PM
East Bay Pete
Tech Apprentice

Ok, it's taken me a while to do these pics...many of you have been asking for them and I apologize for not having the time to get these sooner. So, for those that are interested, the setup that I'm running is as follows:

Team Tekin RX8 ESC with T8 sensored 1400 kv buggy motor running on SMC's stellar 50C 6S 4400 mAh custom pack made especially for this project. The Team Tekin motor/ESC combo is EXTREMELY smooth in acceleration at all speeds. As you already know, the motor and ESC are running strong and relatively cool. The battery pack is performing well and I can't thank SMC enough for working with me on this project!

So, now, for the pictures. Pay attention for the following...Air scoop above the motor provides additional cooling (not yet installed on the M3)...Huge 40 mm Novak cooling fan on motor...Custom motor mount utilizes the stock motor mount holes in the chassis...Superb centerline balance with the battery location...Low profile battery pack keeps center of gravity low...Quick-change battery access cover in the body allows for swapping of the battery without removing the body.

Kyosho Evolva 05 and M3

Battery Access Cover-Closed

Battery Access Cover-Open

Battery Compartment

Evolva 05-Battery

Evolva 05-Empty

Evolva 05 Profile

Evolva 05 Gearing

Evolva 05 Left Side

Evolva 05 Left Side-Battery

Evolva M3

Evolva M3 Left Side

Evolva M3 Gearing

Evolva M3 Bottom

So, now that you've seen the cars, what do you think? Who wants one?