R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 03:56 AM
Chris Furman
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

DAMEETZ:

Very nice.. I also got the Exotek and still building it.

A couple questions though... where did you get the "BLUE" Diff seals?

And is that a 17.5 motor? What kind is it and where did you get it?

Are those the new TRF Black short springs? I don't believe the long ones are available yet?

thanks,
Chris

Originally Posted by dameetz
I have an Exotek 416XL chassis, I have just finished installing it. Pics below...

I haven't tested it yet...hopefully by today. The thickness is 2mm. I have few points to highlight here when using this chassis.

1) The 'L' shape weight (front) will touch the front steering post if you set the batt at the most inward position. So you can only use middle and outer position.

2) There are 2 positions for the batt Forward like 416WE and Rear 416X.....again the 'L' shape weight only allow you to use the rear position coz the steering system will touch the 'L' weight when putting left steering (you can't get full left steering)

3) I haven't weight my car yet but when I tried to balance it, its too heavy at the batt side. I wish Exotek would make the 'L' shape weight in thin pieces ie 5-10grams each so I can just add or remove it accordingly.

Other than that I think I m happy with the quality of this Exotek 416XL chassis and hope it will handle better than the ori one.