R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/8th Nitro On-Road - Edam Razor
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM
TM America
Tech Regular

I ran the car just a couple weeks ago at a race in California. The changes were in the right direction. To be perfectly honest I had to much steering. It is always kinda of hard to write on RC Tech about changes and set up because here in the states our tracks have different traction than our overseas friends. So what may work here may not work overseas and visa versa. However I have to say this will work anywhere.

I had to take some steering out of my car because at first the car was to loose. So I went a bit backward and took the shims out of the Upper A arms to again lower the RC so that would help take some of the over steer out. I also adjusted my radio during the course of the week as well.

The nice part was the car turned well in the middle of the corner and did not push out on power out of the corner like it did previously. I never had a problem with turn in.

The picture that I displayed is showing an upper A arm hanger made for a Mugen by a friend Brad at YBSlow. I will tell you I did ruin a couple of front bulkheads (lol) before I finally sanded them down to fit the hangers as I wanted to fit. It is not perfect but I hope Edam will redo the bulkheads we presently have and then have hangers with different pin placements to fit the needs of drivers all over the world. A low cost refinement with excellent benefits.

I will say this now, when the new car comes out with the different rear end we are back to zero again. All of us will have to start testing setups and setup ideas and past them along once again. But for now with this car the changes did help the car a lot. It is nice to pass other cars on the "inside" of a turn now as compared to what I was doing previously.