R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - losi 8ight t 2.0 what tires for this track?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:36 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Stubbs
If it's above 75, you could even go with med. The I-Beam gives a ton of forward bite, but not a lot of side bite. If you find that you're pushing in the turns, try switching out the fronts for Cityblocks. You'll then have what's referred to as "City-Beams".

That track surface looks a lot like my local track, and your description sounds like what our track does too. I've found that the I-Beams do indeed work well when there's a lot of fluff outside the groove. The Calibers worked well, but I got a bit more wheel spin. I've also run JConcepts Crosshairs (soft) on our track with really good results.

Before you go crazy and buy an $80 set of tires, maybe see if there's anyone at the track who would let you try out the tires you're considering. You should be able to tell within a few laps if it makes a difference for you.

what do the i-beams, do in the rear less wheelspin? since they dont have as much side bite, as the city blocks.
one thing i did notice was that when the track started, to really get grippy and slick the soft i-beams would slide but not real bad though.