R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Bye bye for NITRO RACING in EFRA Block ?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea right ha ha yea these are, toys not real cars and not to metion are hobby isnt on tv and, and it shouldnt be cause of that. whats next nascar and other race forms, running off electric ha.
and why exactly shouldn't we have Television Coverage ?

Originally Posted by smokinu
ill grammar police this post...
just because you found the comma button dose not mean you need to use it every few words, LMFAO.

ill have to agree.

Originally Posted by Burst
I have had to work closely with the EPA here in the US as well as the China governments' version of the same for most of my life. While there is a movement to regulate carbon emissions into the air and really ANY VOC (volatile organic compounds) , it will be a long time before items like our nitro motors are regulated out of production. All large two stroke engines will go first; and that actually has started in some places. You'll notice weed eaters,leaf blowers, dirt bikes, riding mowers, etc and similar items have started making 4 stroke versions; this will slowly continue. Our nitro fuel is made from mostly propane (nitromethane) and natural gas (Methanol) and oils (castor or synthetic). Our fuel is safer than gasoline, as far as the environment is concerned....so, I think we have more to fear from noise pollution, fewer new tracks, and fuel prices than we do being forced to electric. But, its all done in an effort to get the money generated by taxing the items which emit harmful compounds. These gov groups have to continue to put pressure on anything that has big emissions....which our hobby doesnt. We'll see the bigger emitters like the items I listed above go way before our little group of products are over regulated......I hope.....
Originally Posted by tc5 man
i understand what your saying but, even if nitro fuel gets more expensive later on in the future i still think people will, pay extra inless its extremely expensive.

NHRA Drag cars Burn 250$ worth of Nitro Per Run down the 1/4.......a family car could travel roughly 2250km on what the Big boys piss out in a 4 second run down the 1/4mile.

Times that X4 like they were doing this past weekend at the Race in Charlotte and that's 10,000km worth of gas a regular old car could do while its consumed in a combined time of 16sec+/-