R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TEMECULA OFFROAD RACING
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 06:39 AM
revrace
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jnlisa
Why is it that at pretty much every other track in the country (indoor and ourtdoor) short course racing is HUGE and there is nothing--nada--zilch at ARC?

I don't get it. ARC is such a great track, great people and I always had fun when I raced there, but I just don't understand why we can't we get a consistent turn out for SC racing?

Any ideas / suggestions
That is a great question and one that we talk about all the time. Turnouts are getting smaller and smaller not just at ARC...but at most 1/8 scale tracks. I think that short course racing is the best way to build your attendance for all classes. How else can someone get into R/C racing for as little as $200?? I think Short Course is a great class all by itself but I am sure that some of those new racers would want to step up to the 1/8 also. I would like to get one just to race as another class along with my 1/8 scale car. I think that nobody comes out to race them at ARC because they aren't promoted at all....HINT HINT.....ARC....HINT.....PROMOTE A SHORT COURSE RACE AND MORE PEOPLE WILL SHOW UP.