R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW TRACKS IN BETHEL CT
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 12:27 AM
raffaelli
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cleancarz
Right now 1/10th scale we are trying to get new intrest in the hobby in this area as you probably know we have not had dirt oval or off road in about 4 years and Sugar Hollow was the last paved oval thats been gone for to long I don't even know of an on road controlled environment type track around this area.So affordability is first and formost to attract new "youngblood" to the sport. Also would love to have a USVTA class as the real deals used to run Lime Rock Park only about an hour and 15 mins. from here.The size of the entire fenced area also limits track size we are working with an area that is 200'x80' the size of an ice rink. I wanted to try and cover as much of the hobby as possible and 3 1/10th scale size tracks covers that. Not to say if we had to reconfigure something for maybe 1 show that would be something we would definatly consider.Thanks for your intrest hope you can support us when we open.
I drove by Sugar Hollow a few weeks ago.....the pavement is still there.

Looking forward to racing. I have not raced in Bethel since...I think the JRX-2 was the big deal buggy.

BTW, those vintage cars still run at LRP.