R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Airports and Nitro equipment
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Integra
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Flying with gear is NO problem at all....there's many of rules and regulations that need to be followed but spend an afternoon reading the rules your specific Carrier has in place(there all the same anyways) then decide how your going to pack your gear.

I personally had my radio(3pk PISTOL lol) in my carry on bag as its too fragile to be bounced around in the checked baggage compartments Along with my radio i had all my Lipo's as that is part of a new rule the TSA has in place....they want ALL batteries of ALL sort to be in your carry on....NO Batteries in Checked Period.

So for everything else...Cars, Tools, Parts, Tires, Pit Mat, Fuel bottle/Gun Engines, Pipes ect ect went in my checked Plano 1819XXL cases which are According to Plano "Airline Approved" but if you actually calculate it up its a wee over the limits....but according to Every one else who i have talked to who fly's with these they have never had a problem. I Can also vouch for this now after my trip to Arizona for the Nitro Challenge.

Anything i left out...feel free to ask.